Monday, December 1, 2014

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR DECEMBER 2014

This month, Savage Cinema will reach a very important milestone.

On December 30th, Savage Cinema will reach the age of 5 years old!!! Yes, almost five years ago, while sitting  in the basement of my parent's house during a Christmas visit, this blogsite was hatched and released into the world. The journey I had taken with Savage Cinema has been more than I could have ever hoped for it to be and your support of it and what I have been doing with my time has only continued to lift me and my creative spirit higher than ever.

While my official annual posting thanking you will arrive before the start of the new year, I have to just keep my eye on the prize right now with even more new releases on the horizon. Yes, "Foxcatcher" has yet to be released. But in addition to that film...

1. "The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies," Director Peter Jackson's final installment of his (and he means it this time) Middle Earth saga will open and while I have not been nearly as enthralled with his trilogy as I was with his "Lord Of The Rings" series, I have invested this much time into it already, so of course, I'll be there for the big finish.

2. Anytime Writer/Director Paul Thomas Anderson makes his return, I am READY!!!! This time, he arrives his druggy crime thriller/comedy hybrid "Inherent Vice" re-teaming him with Joaquin Phoenix. I have a feeling that this film may not open up for a wide release until January 2015 but I am hoping it does indeed find a release this moth.

3. Tim Burton has been operating on a downward side for the last few years so I am hoping that his latest drama "Big Eyes," a departure from fantasy worlds provides him with a creative upswing.

4, After the brilliantly fearless comedic bombshell of "This Is The End" last year, I am more than ready for the already controversial "The Interview" from the Writing/Directing team of Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.

5. Finally, there are the prestige pictures like "Selma,""Wild" and "Unbroken" on the horizon as well, and also, some of those may not see a full nationwide release until January, so stay tuned...

And as always, I'll see you when the house lights go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment