Friday, March 1, 2013

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR MARCH 2013

Now that the commemorations and coronations of the 2012 cinematic year have been completed, the cinematic year of 2013 can begin in earnest. March is typically a quiet month as the onslaught of major new releases tends to begin in May (although the trend seems to be inching earlier and earlier each year).

For this month, I have what seems to be a clean slate, so to speak, as I do not have a lengthy list of plans and schemes that I wish to write about. But I will say the following...

1. Director Sam Raimi's "Oz The Great And Powerful" arrives next week and despite my skepticism, I am ready to head back to the land that exists far, far, far from Kansas in his prequel.

2. Near the end of the month, I am curious to see "Admission," Director Paul Weitz's adaptation of the extremely well written but not very well plotted novel by Author Jean Hanff Korelitz, starring Tina Fey and Paul Rudd. 

3. Lord in Heaven, as I write the DVD/Blu-Ray release of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2" is about to hit store shelves for its midnight release and at some point this month, I will see how this whole damn thing finally, finally decides to end.

Beyond those three titles, I do happen to have a small stack of films that have been patiently waiting for me to give them the fullest of my attention so we'll see if I have time and opportunity to meet with them properly.

After all of the extensive writing and planning I have performed over the past few months, it does feel good to take a little bit of a breather and re-charge my cinematic batteries as I never want for this process to ever become stale or tiring, for myself or for you, dear readers. So, we'll see what the month of March does bring for all of us.

I'll see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment