Friday, February 1, 2013

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR FEBRUARY 2013

I will do my very best to make this one short and sweet.

February is all about the Academy Awards, which will be telecast this year on Sunday, February 24th. But before that date, there is still some unfinished business that I believe will be most of this month's planned content.

1. SAVAGE SCORECARD
Part 3 (which is currently being written) and Part 4 (my "long awaited" Top Ten Films of 2012) will both arrive within the first part of this month.

2. OSCAR PREDICTIONS
My annual guessing game as past of the Hollywood cinematic horse race will hopefully arrive shortly thereafter the Savage Scorecard series.

3. OSCAR WRAP UP
My during and post show thoughts collected for your reading entertainment.

...and of course...

4. "A Good Day To Die Hard," the fifth adventure in the long running saga of lone wolf John McClaine (Bruce Willis) arrives this month on Valentine's Day. Now, I am more than certain that many of you may be wondering why ever would I, one who has long decried the presence of sequels, re-boots and re-imaginings would even be remotely interested in a movie like this. Well...I just am! While the 1988 original remains a classic and the extremely strong second film just nips at its heels, I have enjoyed each subsequent and slightly lesser entry thus far and I somehow just find myself compelled to check it out.

Beyond these pursuits, we'll just have to wait and see if there is time and energy to create and celebrate the art and artistry f the movies even more this month. So, stay tuned...

...And I'll see you when the house lights go down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment