Sunday, December 30, 2012

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY TO SAVAGE CINEMA!!!!!

Three years!!

On this very date of December 30th, beginning three years ago, I sat in the basement of my parents' home during a holiday visit and gave birth to this website, a virtual home where I would write about and share my lifelong enthusiasm with the art and artistry of the movies with anyone who would choose to take some time out of their busy lives to spend some time and hopefully even join in this cinematic conversation I have initiated with you. As of this time, I am closing in on 350 postings and as I think back to the beginnings of Savage Cinema, I am humbled, I am thankful, I am surprisingly at a loss for words--especially as I have spilled mountains upon mountains of words throughout this site. Perhaps, I am having difficulty, because I am searching for a word that maybe has not been created or defined as of this time to fully express to you not only what this accomplishment means to me but what your encouragement, support and sheer presence means to me and Savage Cinema most of all.

What I hope is obvious to all of you is that I am never, at any point, trying to communicate with you through a sense of superiority and unctuous film snobbery. If so, I would lose all of you in a millisecond and frankly, I would not even be able to stand myself!! I truly hope that what you are gathering from me, through every single word upon this site, is love. I hope that you can feel my love of movies as well as my love of writing and as I wish for the absolute best from the cinema every time I fork over my hard earned wages at the box office, I am trying, trying, trying to do my best with communicating my feelings and impressions to you in an artful as well as entertaining fashion. Movies and writing are passion projects of equal weight in my mind and spirit and that love fills every word on this site. If you can see that love and feel that love, then my job has been accomplished.

I could never thank all of you enough for travelling with me on this journey. While it does often feel to me to be a fool's errand (honestly, who cares what I think?!), each time I receive a comment from you or if I run into you in town and you make mention of something I have written or if someone, at some point in time, tells me that they have habitually read my reviews or to those of you who have read only ONE posting, I am just over-awed and filled beyond the brim with emotion as I still cannot believe that anyone would take their valuable time and spend it with me in this way.

Dear readers, treasured readers and friends, I just don't know what to say...

I promise and pledge to you once again, that as I head into Savage Cinema's fourth year, to perform to the best of my abilities and share my love of movies and writing in ways where you always feel that you are on this journey with me.

I would never want to make this voyage without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment