Wednesday, February 1, 2012

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR FEBRUARY 2012

This month is all about the Academy Awards and in celebration, I plan to finally compose and post my Top Ten Favorite Films of 2011 plus provide Oscar predictions and post-show thoughts as well.

All of that will certainly keep me busy enough, especially as life has really clenched its jaws as of late. But I do have some plans to watch a few documentaries that are eagerly awaiting me to view.

1. On HBO this month, the channel will air the premiere of Cameron Crowe's documentary "The Union," starring Elton John and Leon Russell as they compose and create their hit album together.

2. I am also looking forward to viewing "Everyday Sunshine: The Story Of Fishbone," a band I have loved since my teen years and have always felt never received their full due.

3. Also awaiting me is the documentary "The Black Power Mixtape: 1967-1975," which I have been very anxious to watch.

4. And then, there is Davis Guggenheim's U2 documentary "From The Sky Down," which chronicles the band's creative process during the making of their landmark album, "Achtung Baby!"

5. If I have time, I just may make a new Stanley Kubrick themed edition of "Savage Cinema Revisits" as well.

If there are any surprises, you will all be the very first to know. But until then, I'll see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment