Monday, October 1, 2018

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR OCTOBER 2018

How the responsibilities of life have taken over during this past month! Thankfully, the movie releases has slowed down enough where I felt that I could take a breather and deal with those aforementioned responsibilities as well as catch my breath for October is already loaded with new material that I am anxious to see due to the already high critical responses. Hopefully life will allow me to fit them all in!

In addition to one review I have in the hopper plus another feature that I still have not found the proper time to devote to it properly, here is what I am looking forward to seeing this month.

1. Yes indeed, "A Star Is Born," Bradley Cooper's directorial debut starring himself and the inimitable Lady Gaga in the fourth remake of the classic rise and fall musical drama is opening this coming weekend and I am hoping that I am able to find the time to get into the theater to see this one. I have to say that the film really was not upon my radar whatsoever until the first trailers impressed me and then, the subsequent rave reviews from the film festival circuit arrived. So, now I am ready to check it out for myself.
2. "Whiplash" (2014) utterly blew me away while "La La Land" (2016) profoundly underwhelmed me. With "First Man," I am curious to see how the latest from Writer/Director Damien Chazelle affects me.
3.   The Hate U Give, Angie Thomas' 2017 novel is, without question, worthy of all of the rave attention that it has received. Now that the film adaptation from Director George Tillman Jr. is ready to be released, itself already having received rave early reviews, again I am more than ready.

So...we'll see what occurs as I seriously wish to get to and write about them all. Wish me luck and as always, I'll see you when the house lights go down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment