Friday, December 1, 2017

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR DECEMBER 2017

Yes, dear readers, it is time once again to return to a place along time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

There is no other film arriving in December that has me more excited and anxious to see it than the 8th episode in the on-going Skywalker saga, "Star Wars: The Last Jedi," from Writer/Director Rian Johnson, a filmmaker the powers that be at Lucasfilm must have thoroughly been thrilled with as they have entrusted the creation of a brand new trilogy to his creative hands. But before getting too far ahead of myself, just get me to this latest chapter, which I hope that I will be as enthralled as I have been with every "Star Wars" feature to date.

Aside from "The Last Jedi," we have now reached the time of year for the BIG GUNS of cinema, the ones that are designed for awards season attention and acclaim as well as our hefty box office dollars. Now, some of these films may not even arrive in wide release until January 2018 but even so, I am curious about the following...
1. "THE DISASTER ARTIST" 
Can someone possibly tell me precisely when does James Franco actually sleep as he has his hands in all areas from the stage, to the screen (television and film) and the literary seemingly all at the same time.  Now, he arrives as Director and star of "The Disaster Artist," his examination of the infamous Tommy Wiseau and his equally infamous cult film "The Room." Acclaimed on the festival circuit, I am indeed intrigued.
2. "WONDER WHEEL"
-Woody Allen's latest starring Kate Winslet and Justin Timberlake? I have to check it out for certain as his work still entertains and enlivens me.
3. "THE SHAPE OF WATER"
-It has been over 10 years since I have seen any new film by Writer/Director Guillermo del Toro but it is looking like the already high acclaimed fantasy "The Shape Of Water" will be the one to get me back into his cinematic universe.
4. "PHANTOM THREAD"
-The reunion of Writer/Director Paul Thomas Anderson and Daniel Day-Lewis? 'Nuff said!

That is MORE than enough to try and get myself to, especially with the whirlwind of the Christmas season and other highly pressing real world responsibilities. Please wish me luck and good health and plenty of rest so I can keep up with it all.

And as always, I'll see you when the house lights go down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment