Sunday, January 1, 2017

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JANUARY 2017

Happy New Year to you once again!!!

I will try to keep this initial posting of the new year short and sweet, especially considering how January tends to be a quieter month for new film releases. As always, I will be playing a bit of catch up with a couple of films I just did not have the time to see in  December as well as some 2016 releases will finally receive a full nationwide release during the month.

1. I had not originally planned to see "Jackie" starring Natalie Portman as the subject matter did not grab my initial interest. Yet, it was due to a couple of glowing, intriguing reviews I heard over the radio that made me re-think my original view. Hopefully, I can catch it tomorrow...
2.  Every time Martin Scorsese releases a new film, it is an event as far as I am concerned so getting myself to "Silence" joyously inevitable!
3. I am certain that you are all wondering just why oh why I would be remotely interested in anything M. Night Shyamalan would be up to and yes, seeing a new film release in January is not a good sign. But still, I pull for the guy and the initial trailers for his latest thriller "Split" starring James McAvoy were indeed effective. So, we'll see....

In addition to those films and my strong desire to try and see "Rogue One" again, my annual four part Savage Scorecard Series compiling my favorite and least favorite films of 2016 will also be upon my personal docket.  So, as always,  think good thoughts and wish me luck...

...and I'll see you when the house lights go down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment