Monday, December 30, 2013

HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY TO SAVAGE CINEMA!!!

I have crossed the finish line and I cannot even begin to fully express to all of you just how sweet it is!

Four years, dear readers. Four years. Back in the Winter of 2009, while visiting my parents and sitting in their basement, much as I had done during my adolescence and college Summer breaks, I began Savage Cinema. As I sat in the chair facing their computer filled with anticipation and a pervading sense of fear at what I was about to begin with just a few swift clicks of the mouse, never did I ever imagine that four years later, not only would this site still exist but it would amass over 400 postings and what just might be a somewhat steady readership.

All that I had wished to do was to write my feelings about the movies I saw, and my relationship with film overall, and just hope that my writings would deem to be worthy of someone else spending their precious and hard earned free time reading my words. But, if it was to be an exercise in which I wrote in a vacuum, then so be it because I love film and I love writing so, so very much. Thankfully, Savage Cinema has continued to exist not solely because of my passions and obsessions but because all of you out there who have ever offered a kind word or sense of encouragement to me to keep at it. Your words have given me more strength and purpose than you could ever possibly realize.

It is not my nature to stick myself out so publicly, even if it is through a slightly anonymous veil of a blogsite. I know very well that the world does not need yet another person trawling through the internet espousing their views about this, that and whatever else. But, I also know that every word that has found its way onto this site has existed so powerfully within me and I felt the intense need to share and just try my hand at something that would force me to emerge out of my comfort zone to a degree. I realize that these sentiments are ones that I have shared with you in the past but I really want it to be understood how the birth and continuation of Savage Cinema was no afterthought and to this very moment, remains a source of passion and commitment within my spirit to write and produce reviews and postings that are informative, entertaining and entirely personal. When you read a new review on this site, you are also learning a little more about me, where I am coming from and how I see the world. Writing in such an open manner, for me, is the only way this site can operate and with being so open, it is akin to throwing myself out into the open air just praying I will not crash land on the pavement. With all gratitude from me to you, I cannot thank you enough for catching me every single time and I sincerely hope that you keep doing so.

Once I write and publish a new review, it is truly a thing of the past and I am already onto the next project. It doesn't mean that I don't treasure any sense of accomplishment--trust me, I do--it's just that there's always a new movie to see and new words to write. It is when I log in to begin composing the next review that my heart soars. That is the point at which I happen to see the amount of "hits" a review has obtained over time and while I can never be certain if all of the numbers represent people actually and actively reading my reviews or just ones that have stumbled upon my site accidentally, I would like to think that people are indeed giving my words some regard, and if that is true, then I have achieved more than I had ever dreamed.

And now, Savage Cinema exists at the very dawn of its fifth year! I honestly cannot believe it, dear readers. I just cannot believe it!!! THANK YOU, as always and for always for being so supportive of me and my endeavor, which in the grand scheme of things is really not one of massive importance at all. They are just movies and I am just one person who loves them.

THANK YOU for visiting and sharing in that love, for Savage Cinema will forever be designed to be a home of celebration and I promise to do my very best for the art I love so much and for you, who have taken any time out of your lives to spend with it and therefore, with me.

There will never be enough words that I can share and write for you to express my thankfulness with your presence. It is endless. It is bottomless.

And now, with "Year Five," I begin my next lap around the track and I hope that you will still run with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment