Sunday, June 3, 2012

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JUNE 2012

It's going to be a busy month.

Dear readers, now the the Summer Movie Season has been fully unleashed, the releases during month of June are so plentiful that it is already daring me to keep up.

1. First and foremost, I am still awaiting the arrival of Wes Anderson's new film "Moonrise Kingdom" which has been gathering some of his strongest critical notices.

2. Of course, and without question, "Prometheus," Director Ridley Scott's return to science fiction films since the release of his classic "Blade Runner" thirty summers ago (!), is the highest on my must see list!

3. Pixar's latest film, "Brave" is just nipping at the heels of the previously mentioned selections I am anxious to see.

4. And I am also very excited about the new dark comedy "Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World" starring Steve Carell and Keira Knightley.

5. "To Rome With Love," Writer/Director Woody Allen's new release may arrive this month as well, yet another film that carries a high sense of anticipation for me as I seldom miss any new film from this filmmaking master.

6. And even then...I have some trepidacious curiosity for "Snow White and the Huntsman" as well as "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." I am not fully sold on either film but my cinematic ears are perked.

That is a hefty load to carry and life permitting, I hope to have seen and reviewed as many of them as possible. At this time, I already have a new review in the hopper and it should be ready to post this week sometime. So, for the month of June, wish me luck and as always...

...I'll see you when the house lights go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment