Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WELCOME TO SAVAGE CINEMA'S FAVORITE MOVIES

And now, I am so proud to present to you a brand new series on Savage Cinema.

Ever since the inception of this site, I have included a few series to run alongside the main film reviews with arrive through occasional features. Initially, I had "Savage Cinema's Short Takes," which essentially was nothing more than some very early reviews I had written that were profoundly shorter than what you are used to seeing on this site. That series was indeed short lived as there were not that many older reviews for me to transplant. By it's very design, "Short Takes" had a finite existence.

Around that same time, I decided to have a series entitled "Savage Cinema's Buried Treasure." That series was designed for me to spotlight certain films that I have enjoyed over the years but for some reason or another, these films may have been critically acclaimed but have been forgotten or may have lacked a certain historical longevity. Or they are films that were not widely seen or films which never really found much notoriety or an audience in the first place. This series has been a blast to write and I plan to continue it for as long as possible.

In addition to "Buried Treasure," I have also been slowly adding installments for "Savage Cinema Debuts," a series in which I write brand new reviews for films I had previously never seen. Also, I began "Savage Cinema Revisits," which I think would be more than self-explanatory.

In January of this year, I wrote two installments of "Savage Cinema Revisits" spotlighting two films from Stanley Kubrick: "The Shining" (1980) and "A Clockwork Orange" (1971). While writing the posting for "A Clockwork Orange," it hit me that I could add a new series to the fold. Inspired by Roger Ebert's "Great Movies" articles and book collections, I wanted to create a series where I would honor my most favorite films and thus was born the new venture that I am very excited to share with you.

"Savage Cinema's Favorite Movies" is the place where my praise will exist at its highest. These are the films which I will love for the rest of my days and of course, will encourage you to see, if you have not seen them already or to remember fondly, if you have seen them. As always, this site is meant to encourage a world of discussion and conversation between you and me and as always, these writings are solely my opinions.

At this time, I have the first entry ready to be published and I sincerely hope that you enjoy it and all future entries.

Enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment