Tuesday, May 1, 2012

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR MAY 2012

Yes, dear readers, activity at Savage Cinema has been fairly quiet over the last couple of months due to the responsibilities of life, a lack of new film features that I have been interested in seeing and also being completely consumed with re-watching the complete series of "The Wire" for the second time.  But now...I am thinking that this quiet period is about to change.

May is the beginning of the Summer Movie Season and for me, my eyes are fixated upon viewing Writer/Director Joss Whedon's adaptation of Marvel Comics' "The Avengers"! It has been a long time coming for that film and in a few scant days, our meeting will be official and hopefully, extremely positive.

In addition to that collective of costumes wonders, there are also the following potential upcoming flicks...

1. Writer/Director Wes Anderson makes his grand return to live action filmmaking with his latest release "Moonrise Kingdom," a film that has already won me over with its wonderful trailer. Hopefully, the entire film matches up nicely with the rest of Anderson's oeuvre.

2. I cannot express deeply enough how inspirational the work of filmmaker Lawrence Kasdan has been to me throughout my life. Believe it or not, he was easily my first major infuence with trying to express myself as a writer, even before my beloved Cameron Crowe and John Hughes came into the picture for me. Kasdan, after a lengthy dormant period, has also returned with a new film entitled "Darling Companion" and I am hoping that will make an arrival this month.

3. I do have an idea for a new installment of Savage Cinema's Buried Treasure series which I am hoping to make some time for as well.

It is time to flex my creative muscles again and all going well, this will be an even busier month than the previous two. We shall see...

...And I will see you when the house lights go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment