Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR FEBRUARY 2011

The time has finally arrived as this month marks the Academy Awards, the grand culmination of the 2010 movie year. The commemorate, I will deliver my choices for my favorite and least favorite films of the year in a four part series which will include the following sections:

-THE HONOR ROLL: This section will be the first to be published for your reading pleasure and will consist entirely of the films which I awarded a rating of three and a half stars.

-NUMBER 11: This section will details the few films I did award four stars to but unfortunately did not find a way onto my final Top Ten list.

-THE DISAPPOINTMENTS AND THE DISHONORABLE: I think this speaks for itself. These films are the ones that simply let me down in some way or another and those titles will lead me and you to the ones I simply hated, and feel a perverse need to kick them down just one more notch!

-THE TOP TEN: 'Nuff said.

I have been gradually writing these lists and hope to roll them out to you very shortly. As the Oscar telecast approaches, I will reveal some predictions and afterwards, I will offer some post-show thoughts.

In addition, I plan to offer two installments to my new series "Savage Cinema Revisits," in which I will recall a classic from Writer/Producer/Director James L. Brooks and a film from the pen of Cameron Crowe so rare that it is not even mentioned anywhere on his personal website.

I am also going to try and cobble together a Valentine's Day themed installment for "Savage Cinema's Buried Treasure."

And finally, I am just hoping that Sofia Coppola's new film "Somewhere" makes it to Madison. Please, cinematic powers that be, let this happen!

That's quite a full load and I will do my best to realize my intentions.

I'll see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment