Wednesday, December 1, 2010

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR DECEMBER 2010

With the whirlwind of the holidays approaching rapidly, I hope that I am able to keep up.

1. I still have yet to view "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest," which has very recently arrived in Madison.

2. The ballet themed psychological thriller "Black Swan," the latest film from Director Darren Aronofsky and starring Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis is at center of my cinematic cross hairs.

3. While I have not been terribly excited with his last few releases, and I keep wishing for a film on the level of "Broadcast News" (1987), this month will also see the return of Writer/Producer/Director James L. Brooks with his latest romantic comedy "How Do You Know."

4. On the other hand, I could not be any more anxious for "Somewhere," the new film from Writer/Director Sofia Coppola.

5. And then, I have to get myself to "True Grit," the new film from Joel and Ethan Coen, reportedly adhering closer to the original novel rather than the John Wayne western classic.

6. And YOU KNOW, that the people must step aside for me to get my ticket to see "Tron: Legacy"!!!

Lots to see and never enough time. But, I'll do my best--for myself and for you, my dear readers who have sustained me throughout this process.

I'll see you when the house lights go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment