Monday, December 27, 2010

AN INTRO TO SAVAGE CINEMA REVISITS

At the end of the year, a new series is born.

Dear readers, as I am about to head into a new year of cinematic musings for you, I came across an idea for a new series that would occasionally make its presence known. It is something that I have had in mind for quite some time but I just was not sure exactly what it could be or what identity it could have that would differentiate it from the main reviews, “Savage Cinema’s Buried Treasure” and “The Ones That Nearly Got Away.” (Now that my film archives are nearly depleted, it means the end of “Savage Cinema’s Short Takes“is near.)

This past week, while watching the film I am gearing up to write about, the idea finally arrived fully formed.

“Savage Cinema Revisits” is a new series where I will explore movies I have seen throughout my life that have taken on a new sort of significance. It may be a film I was initially confused by or even hated upon first viewing but now have grown to understand, appreciate and even love.

Or it may just be a film I have already loved and its artistry has grown with me and I want to share it with you and hopefully prompt you to check it out again or perhaps, even for the first time.

The premiere installment of this new series for you is a highly celebrated drama from the 1970s that I did happen to see during its original release but loathed. Now, that very film and my reaction to it is the inspiration for this new cinematic/literary adventure.

My dearest readers, I hope you enjoy it and I hope you join in the discussion.

It's no fun without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment