Saturday, October 23, 2021

SAVAGE CINEMA: AN UPDATE

 
It has been a while, hasn't it?

Life during this time of COVID-19 has unquestionably done a number upon us in ways that we can all easily recognize as well as in ways that are indeed carry a larger subtlety. I have written about my own personal feelings a bit upon this site so I will refrain from delving into all of that once again. But, with the infrequency of Savage Cinema activity compared with life Before Covid (B.C. anyone?), I do feel that I need to address this more explicitly.

For quite some time, I would use the monthly openings as near apologies for the lack of postings due to the ongoing pandemic, which has certainly forced me to not frequent movie theaters until August on this year since February 2020. Yes, during lockdown, I did begin to subscribe to various streaming services and while they have provided me with copious amounts of content, I guess I have succumbed to feeling overwhelmed. And granted, it is a strange feeling, being a life long lover of the movies, having more than enough content to choose to watch at will and somehow not feeling the impetus to even select one, let alone watch and write about. Such is life during Covid. And I believe that all of you would understand as, it would not surprise me, that all of you are experiencing variations of this same ennui.

So many movies that I haven't seen and so many new features are forthcoming that I cannot wait to see. Yet, now, I have to simply accept that as life has changed, I have changed with it and so...Savage Cinema will change as well. 

Let me assure you, Savage Cinema is not ending. And nor for that matter will Synesthesia. That said, I am no longer going to make promises as to the frequency of future postings due to my increased work responsibilities as they are taking up so much of my time and energy that I would otherwise use for watching and writing. Postings will now arrive when they arrive. That is just the best that I can do right now.      

I hope to one day return to the movies in earnest and therefore, writing and releasing postings as I used to, for this communication means everything to me and I do not wish to stop...ever. Thank you all for being patent with me as well as understanding. 

We will be together again. I need to believe that. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment