Sunday, January 3, 2021

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JANUARY 2021

Happy New Year to all of you and in additional news since my most recent posting, on December 30, 2020, Savage Cinema reached its 11th birthday!!

As always, I have you to thank for this achievement because if not for you taking the time out of your lives to read anything that I have written and then, following up by reacting so positively to these reviews, I never would have written a second posting let alone 11 years worth of them. Yes, I write because I love to write but without you, writing in a vacuum just would not be as satisfying. Thank you so much for being here with me.

And now, here we are in January 2021, still with a global pandemic and the act of returning to a movie theater is nowhere near as safe as I would wish for situations to be for me to return to them--especially as the  COVID-19 numbers are as exceedingly high as they remain. While I long for the day to return to the movie theater to see films as they are designed to be seen and experienced, the streaming and On Demand services have by default proven themselves to being the format to see movies and in some ways, there are advantages to seeing films at home from obvious opportunities to pause, to stop, to return to them later, and to watch them at whichever time you choose rather than a movie theater's schedule. 

The disadvantage for me is that I am honestly overwhelmed. Much like the annual film festival in my city, which I have actually never attended due to feeling overwhelmed to the sheer amount of films being shown and the variety of venues screening them (where do I even start?), the sheer amount of films combined with which streaming format is showing them is a sort of opening of the floodgates that is counter productive for someone like myself.  Not only do I actually keep forgetting what is and is not yet streaming, I also struggle to remember which format has which film and so, this process has slowed me down more than I would like (in addition to being involved with the business of living and working within a pandemic and just having the mental energy to devote to my passion).

Even so, I will carry onwards and I am hoping that this very week, I can have my review for Patty Jenkins' "Wonder Woman 1984" ready and posted, as I just finished watching it very late last night.

And then, on the MUBI site, I also wanted to check out this new short film from Director Yorgos Lanthimos entitled "Nimic" and starring Matt Dillon.

At this time, it is probably much better for me to play it slow and steady rather than tossing out giant loads of ambition which ultimately goes unrealized. Nice and easy...that is the way to start a new year on Savage Cinema after such a tumultuous and unpredictable 2020. 

Please stay safe everyone. Please wear your masks and remain socially distanced and once yo have an opportunity to get yourselves vaccinated, do so. I wish to get to the other side of this entire awful experience as much as you do so let's all please band together and get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment