Sunday, October 4, 2020

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR OCTOBER 2020

I have not set foot within a movie theater since February. This has been the longest time that I have been away from the movies ever since I fell in love with them back in 1977 and as the world is appearing, I really do not believe that I will even be returning for the remainder of 2020, a thought that is as strange as it is saddening. 

For Savage Cinema, it shall continue without question. Last month, I did indeed devote more time to the companion blogsite Synesthesia, but beyond that, responsibilities with life truly took over, leaving me with not terribly much time to watch movies (I still have not yet seen "Hamilton"!) and even further, not terribly much mental energy to devote to the craft of writing the very pieces to the level of which I do pride myself and that which I feel that you deserve if you are going to take the time out of your busy lives to read anything that I have to express. 

That being said, I do have quite a number of films that I wish to spend time watching while at home including...
1. "ANTEBELLUM" The first trailers I saw for this film perhaps maybe last Winter were extremely intriguing, especially as I do tend to veer myself away from horror films. Yet, using race, racism and racial trauma as the engine within a genre setting is indeed the hook and I do wish to see how this one has turned out.  
2. "I'M THINKING OF ENDING THINGS" There is no way that I will not check out this film, the first live action feature from Writer/Director Charlie Kaufman since his genre defying "Synecdoche, New York" (2008).
3. "ON THE ROCKS" The same feelings apply towards any new film from Writer/Director Sofia Coppola, especially if it stars my main man Mr. Bill Murray and the illustrious Rashida Jones
4. "THE TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO SEVEN" Again, something new from Writer/Director Aaron Sorkin will always attract my attention and I do hope to be able to fit this into my schedule somehow.

And so with this, plus the final installment of my Time Capsule series, in which I will at long last recount my final Top Ten favorite films of the decade between 2010-2019, I have more than enough to keep me busy even while I am not going to the theaters due to the continuing global pandemic. 

Please, dear readers, keep taking care of yourselves as best as able. Wear your masks, wash your hands and remain socially distant, even as painful as it is. I wish to return to the movies just as you do, so let's continue to make these small sacrifices so we can again bask in the beauty of sitting in those darkened rooms sharing the art and artistry of the movies once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment