Saturday, August 1, 2020

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR AUGUST 2020


How are you all holding up?

Yeah...me too.

Being engaged and motivated with life during this time of COVID-19, especially as we are all seeing the rising numbers of infection rates and the death toll as well as the still previously unimaginable governmental non-response to this global pandemic, has been more than difficult, to say the least. The topic of "normal" feels even further a way than it did back in March and again, now knowing that it never had to be this way, just makes feelings of hopelessness increase--at least, that is exactly how it has been for me. 

Yes, I have been working daily. Yes, I have many posting that I wish to write living inside of my head. And still, motivation has been difficult. But  now, as the month of August (!) has arrived, and in this most unprecedented year of our collective lifetimes, I will greet the month with the pledge to try again.

I have yet to watch "Hamilton" and all of the press surrounding "The Old Guard" has made me curious. I still have two more installments of my Time Capsule series to piece together, and I know that I would kick myself if the remainder of 2020 came and went and I never finished it. 

I am unable to deliver any promises at this time but please know, that my devotion to Savage Cinema, this virtual world I created over 10 years ago, remains as crucial to my sense of being as it has ever been. I am just having some troubles at this time.

Just like you.

Let's keep watching movies together...even while we are apart. Let's keep talking about movies..even while we are apart. 

Hopefully, we can find ourselves back in our theaters again in a newer, safer world, awaiting that time for the house lights to go down... 

No comments:

Post a Comment