Friday, July 3, 2020

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JULY 2020

With movie theaters closed during stay-at-home orders, some local ...
And still, the theaters are closed...

Never did I imagine one year ago, or at any time n my life really, that I would be living through an extended period where I would not only not be going to the movies, but that the theaters themselves would be closed due to a global pandemic. Even as the world is opening up, either too slowly or too quickly depending upon your perceptions, I know that for myself, that as much as I want to return to the movie theaters, I am not ready for I do not believe for a moment that it is safe enough. 

Regardless, Savage Cinema has remained busy and in fact, I do need to return to my Time Capsule series which has two more segments (and a mini segment) to go before being complete--I have come too far to quit now.

I do have anew review to get started on and I wanted to still screen one selection I did not have time for  last month and then...there, of course, is this...
Hamilton Movie Review: Lin-Manuel Miranda Creates Magic As He ...
 Yes indeed, as I write, the long awaited film version of the mammoth Broadway production has now hit streaming and I need to carve out time to get myself to seeing it, at long last. 

So...here we are still, in movie theater stasis just awaiting the day to all be sitting in the dark together for a shared experience. I long for that day to come back but only when we can do so, and then, do it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment