Monday, June 1, 2020

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JUNE 2020



And the theaters are still closed...

Frankly, as none of us have any real idea as to when it will be safe enough for us to venture out to a movie theater without worry of potentially contracting COVID-19, the continuing story that is Savage Cinema will remain home bound but this month does have several items that will be brand new viewing, two of them being 2020 releases.

1. "THE KING OF STATEN ISLAND"
The latest film from Writer/Director Judd Apatow will arrive this month via the On Demand service on the date it was originally scheduled to have its theaterical release. Saturday Night Live's Pete Davidson stars and co-wrote this semi-autobiographical comedy-drama, and as an Apatow fan, you know that I am already there. 
2. "DA 5 BLOODS"
Oh yes!!!!!  How I have been waiting for this one. Premiering this month on Netflix, is the latest Spike Lee Joint, a film about five African-American Viet Nam war veterans. The trailer looks spectacular and regardless, nothing could keep me away from it.

3. "ROGER WATERS: US + THEM"
Waters' latest concert film extravaganza arrives on a streaming service after a 2019 one night only theatrical release, and of course, there is no way I would miss this one either.

So, with those three films, plus continuing with the Time Capsule series as I have two more sections to unveil, I have more than enough to keep me busy. Please keep me in your thoughts for good health and safety and I will do the same for you. 

And as always, I'll see you when the house light go down!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment