Thursday, November 1, 2018

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR NOVEMBER 2018

Life has certainly reared its ugly head this past month, so much so that one review that I had hoped to be completed with nearly one week ago remains in the hopper with much still to be composed. Even so, movie release schedules do not wait for my life to settle down in order for me to catch up and November is already as packed after satiated tummies after a sumptuous Thanksgiving meal.

Most certainly, and somewhat surprisingly, the film I am possibly most anxious to witness is Director Steven Caple Jr.'s "Creed II," the sequel to Writer/Director Ryan Coogler's outstanding, downright emotionally primal "Creed" (2015).

In addition to this sequel, there is also another highly anticipated new installment that has my interest piqued..
1. "FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD"
Granted, I was a bit underwhelmed by Writer J.K. Rowling and Director David Yates' "Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them" (2016), the first installment of a planned five film prequel series to the "Harry Potter" films. But I am indeed hoping that this second chapter will help move the larger story forwards in the very fashion that we all know Rowling is able to compose and that Yates is more than imaginatively and dramatically capable of realizing. We shall see....
2. "BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY"
If you know me in the real world, then you will know how much I adore Queen!  That being said, the prospect of a Queen/Freddie Mercury biopic as directed by Bryan Singer,a filmmaker who has completely eluded me from film to film to film, has not made me terribly excited--and then, there is all of the behind the scenes drama as well. Then, the first trailers hits and the apparent transformation Rami Malek has undergone to become Mercury looks exceedingly impressive.  Again, we shall see...
3. "SUSPIRIA"
Fresh from the beautiful and devastating "Call Me By Your Name" (2017), Director Luca Guadagnino returns with his already divisive remake of the original 1977 Dario Argento horror cult classic. At t his time, I have not seen even one frame of this film and perhaps, that is the way I will wish to keep it as to be surprised completely.

And with that, I will try to leave it here although I am  more than certain that other films will make their way into my personal stratosphere. Hopefully, life will allow me to keep pace. So, please my dear readers, wish me luck and good health and as always, I will see you when the house lights go down!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment