Tuesday, March 1, 2016

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR MARCH 2016

I think that I needed to take a break.

After writing a series of year end reviews plus the four part Savage Scorecard series and then, my combined lack of enthusiasm for and anger with the Oscars concerning the whitewashed nominations, I found myself feeling not terribly interested in seeing any movies at all. The latest films from both The Coen Brothers and Michael Moore each arrived in my city and I saw neither of them. Additionally, I found myself particularly uninterested in screening "Deadpool," despite the great word of mouth that I have been receiving from friends as well as the massive box office earnings it has already gathered.

This is not to suggest that my life long passion had finally dissipated. On the contrary, absolutely not and never will this particular flame extinguish itself. No, it was nothing to that effect. I really believe that it was indeed nothing more than what I said at the outset of this month's intro: I just needed to step away for a spell, therefore, rebuilding my anticipation to return to the movies, which I fully plan on doing this month. Perhaps I will see "Deadpool," regardless of my skepticism but I will definitely be seeing the following feature:
"Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice" from Director Zack Snyder as the follow up feature to his own "Man Of Steel" (2013) and the second building block in the newly emerging DC Comics film universe, is the one that I am simultaneously curious and extremely skeptical about. "Man Of Steel" definitely was a film that had much that I admired yet when it went off of the rails, it did so tremendously and to an ugly degree of bombastic mega-excess. I fear that the bombastic tone will only resurface but I'll only know for certain once I see the finished film at the end of this month.

Beyond that film, I am honestly not certain but I do have some ideas percolating.

So, with that, I shall return in earnest. Wish me luck please and as always, I'll see you when the house lights go down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment