Tuesday, January 1, 2013

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JANUARY 2013

Happy New Year and welcome to the start of Savage Cinema's cinematic marathon to reach a full four years in existence!!!

While this month is the beginning, it also represents a culmination of the 2012 movie-going year for me as I am still finishing up seeing feature films released in December.

1. Later today, I am planning on viewing David O. Russell's "Silver Linings Playbook" and I hope to catch Tom Hooper's adaptation of "Les Miserables" in a week or so.

2. Beyond that, Kathryn Bigelow's "Zero Dark Thirty" will receive a wide theatrical release in mid-January, so I am hoping to be able to see that film at that time.

And then, the compiling process begins...

I believe that on January 10th, the official nominations for this year's Academy Awards ceremony will be announced, a time that signals to me that I need to get my four part Savage Scorecard series underway, where I will present to you my lists of favorites and least favorite films of 2012.

...And maybe I can sneak a surprise or two in as well...

Lots to do...lots to write and I am hoping that you will stick it out with me once again.

I'll see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment