Friday, November 2, 2012

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR NOVEMBER 2012

Perhaps I should not announce my potential plans and schemes so loudly as to not tempt the fates to trip me up.

Yes, dear readers, last month, I had big plans indeed where I would not only write about new films hitting theaters but also some older titles as well. But that curveball of life came roaring at me and of course, made me reconfigure what I had originally set out to do. All of that being said, and without going into any details, I must say that I am truly blessed and thankful to have been able to keep up with Savage Cinema at all and to not have to place it upon some indefinite hiatus.

So, for now, all I will say is the following: As Hollywood is ready to release the big guns, I pledge to try and see and write as often as I am able until that day arrives when I just have to place it aside. I sincerely wish that day NEVER arrives as all of you very well know, movies and writing are just a part of my soul. They are as much of a necessity as food, sleep and love. Without further hesitation, it is looking that this month will house nothing less than Denzel, Lincoln and 007!!

1. My excitement for "Flight," starring Denzel Washington is extremely high, mostly because of his first collaboration with Director Robert Zemeckis, who has returned from the wilderness of motion capture films to make his first live action feature in 12 years!! 

2. Steven Spielberg returns with his high anticipated film "Lincoln," starring Daniel Day-Lewis in the titular role as the film covers the final four months of his life.

3. For most of my life, I have enjoyed the idea of James Bond rather than quite a number of the actual films themselves. But, ever since Daniel Craig took over the role, my interest and enjoyment of the series has grown exponentially. "Skyfall," the latest Bond adventure is also a feature that ranks extremely high on my personal "must see" list.  

4. And my curiosity is piqued for Director Ang Lee's adaptation of "Life Of Pi," as well as Director Joe Wright's reportedly innovative adaptation of  "Anna Karenina" starring Keira Knightley. 

5. Finally, there is the great buzz surrounding Writer/Director David O. Russell's "Silver Linings Playbook," which may finally settle the question that I have long held: Can Bradley Cooper really act or is he one that just got lucky?

Certainly, some of these may spill over into the month of December due to time and life constraints but I will do what I am able.

Wish me luck, as always, and I'll see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment