Sunday, May 1, 2011

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR MAY 2011

Ahhh...I feel creatively refreshed!!!!

After sitting the month of March out, so to speak, it was wonderful to re-engage with my writing spirit and most importantly, with all of you. Given the length of a couple of entries, it could be argued that I re-engaged with my writing spirit too much. Yet, as I have said in the past, the lengths of the postings and reviews are intentional and purposeful. If you are unable to read what I have written when it arrives, do not fret. It will be here when you do have the time. Savage Cinema, among many other attributes, is more than patient for your company.

For the month of May, the official start to the 2011 Summer Movie Season, I am already excited about two major releases.

1. Kenneth Branagh's "Thor," the new adaptation of the Marvel Comics superhero is one I am very anxious to see, even as I am growing more than alittle weary of superhero movies right now. That said, Make Mine Marvel!!!

2. "Bridesmaids" features the creative reunion between Producer Judd Apatow and Writer/Director Paul Feig who famously teamed up for the masterful television series "Freaks and Geeks" and you could not keep me away from that whatsoever.

3. I have decided upon a re-title for one of my little series. "The Ones That Nearly Got Away," the title of a series spotlighting films previously unseen films, was a title I never really liked and always found to be more than a little awkward sounding. I needed to have something shorter, and with the right...punch. So, let's try "Savage Cinema Debuts"!! I already have the first entry in mind and it is for a film I am certain you would be stunned that I have not seen before now.

As always, there may be some surprises, so I'm going to start small.

Wish me luck and I'll see you when the house lights go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment