Sunday, August 1, 2010

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR AUGUST 2010

What a hugely productive month July was!! Eleven brand new posts with not even one containing archived material. Phew! My fingers are exhausted, I tell ya!

Typically, the film world during the month of August tends to be somewhat dry but there can be some surprises as well and I truly hope to find them.

1. This month, you can expect new reviews of "The Girl Who Played With Fire," the second installment of the Swedish film adaptations of Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy novels.

2. Despite my criticisms of bankrupt genres like buddy cop movies, I have to admit that I am looking forward to seeing Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg in Director Adam McKay's "The Other Guys."

3. Yet, what has piqued my curiosity the most is Director Edgar Wright's live action adaptation of the graphic novel, "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World."

4. And I hope to be able to write new installments of my "Savage Cinema's Buried Treasure" and "The Ones That Nearly Got Away" series.

5. This month also marks the sorrowful end of a gigantic era as the television program "At The Movies," featuring film critics Michael Phillips and A.O. Scott, itself an extension of the original movie review program originated by the great Roger Ebert and the late, great Gene Siskel, ceases production. "Savage Cinema" would never have existed without it and I would like to take some time to offer a proper eulogy.

Let's hope those cinematic dog days do not come to pass and let's hope that I have enough time to write all I wish to write.

See you when the house lights go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment