Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTION FOR JUNE 2010

We have officially reached the half-year mark for Savage Cinema and I could not be any more amazed when I look back through all of the postings that have been delivered into cyberspace since the site's inception in late December of 2009. It has been so rewarding and such an immense pleasure to be able to compose my musings for your reading pleasure and I sincerely hope you'll continue to stick with me.

Here's what is in store for you for this coming month...

1. At long last, I will review the latest Judd Apatow production, "Get Him To The Greek."

2. This month will also see the review of "Toy Story 3," the latest from the wizards at Pixar.

3. Quite possibly, if I am able to have the time to do so, I just may squeak in a review of "Knight And Day," the latest starring vehicle from Tom Cruise. As you all know only too well, life has its way of making its own plans for you so, if that one does not appear until early July, do not be surprised. That said, it is on the docket.

4. Now that my archives are nearly depleted, I have decided to embark upon a new series, of which I am still fumbling over the title. I am pondering entitling it, "The Ones That Nearly Got Away," or even "The Goalie Series," (if you have a better idea, I'd love some suggestions). What this series would entail are simply reviews of films that had previously passed me by, for some reason or another. The films in question could be fairly recent or even ones from the past. Essentially, these are all films I had been curious about or had even wanted to see but somehow they all slipped past my radar...until now. The first in this series will be Sam Raimi's "Drag Me To Hell," from 2009.

So, there's the latest and greatest for you and I'll see you when the house lights go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment