Saturday, November 2, 2019

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR NOVEMBER 2019

It is 2019 and we still have to explain why Nazis are bad. Such is life in the 21st century and in turn, it just may still make for invigorating cinema.

While I have one last review from my film-going in October still being composed, I am hoping that November will give me time and space to catch these new films that have just hit the Madison, WI theaters.
1. "JOJO RABBIT"
I have to say that I did have a bit of a knee jerk reaction wen I first saw the trailer for this new satire from Writer/Actor/Director Taika Waititi, and that reaction was a sharp mixture of attraction and rejection. The rejection arrived from the idea that we needed to have yet another Holocaust set film that explored the atrocities of Hitler and World War II, especially after Quentin Tarantino's brilliant "Inglourious Basterds" (2009).  The attraction was that the film looked so downright bizarre that I am extremely compelled to witness it. I am hoping that the press and curiosity surrounding the film will keep it in theaters for a few weeks so I am able to get to it.
2. "PARASITE"
The one thing in the way, so to peak, from me seeing "Jojo Rabbit" immediately is this film from Writer/Director Bong Joon-ho, a filmmaker whose reputation precedes him and yet, to this day, I still have not seen even one selection from his filmography. Yet, the press and curiosity surrounding t his film has made me extremely curious and I really want to dive into this one first!
3. "KNIVES OUT"
Of course, I am curious to see what Writer/Director Rian Johnson has up his sleeves with his new all-star cast murder mystery after fully blowing me away with "Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi" (2017).
4. "QUEEN & SLIM"
I know nothing about this film other than the trailer I saw earlier in the Summer, and I wish to keep it that way until Thanksgiving weekend!

Yes, that is quite a lot for the month but let's see what I can do. Wish me luck and as always, I'll see you when the house lights go down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment