Tuesday, October 1, 2019

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR OCTOBER 2019

Well, that's more like it!

It felt good, so very good to have had a productive month again on Savage Cinema as I produced more reviews than I typically have, especially in these most recent months. It felt good to write again, to get back down to business and while I do not wish to get ahead of myself or even jinx myself, I plan on keeping my movie going activities for month within reasonable means.
1. "JOKER"
You know me. You know how fatigued I am with all things comic book related regarding the movies and the fact that I feel that we do not need a "Batman" related anything for quite some time. And then, we now have this, Director Todd Philips and Martin Scorsese produced "Joker," an R rated origin story of Batman's arch-nemesis that is reportedly more akin to past Scorsese films than anything more comic book related. Admittedly, I was more than skeptical at first but those trailers were highly impressive to me and combined with its subsequent success at the Venice Film Festival, I am ready to take the plunge into this already controversial feature.
2. "LUCY IN THE SKY"
I am intrigued. Director Noah Hawley's debut feature film, the science fiction/psychological drama "Lucy In The Sky" concerning the downward spiral of an astronaut (Natalie Portman) after her return to Earth from a space mission, pulled me in with its impressive trailer. While early reviews have been more mixed, I am looking forward to this one.
3. "JAY AND SILENT BOB REBOOT"
Back in the Summer of 2001, I laughed myself absolutely sick with Writer/Director Kevin Smith's "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back," the fifth film in his ViewAskewniverse saga. It was a film that was irreverent, relentlessly vulgar and utterly brilliant in the fact that Smith created a Hollywood satire that was ultimately critic proof as he weaved all of the bad reviews into the narrative itself. Whether he can achieve that same feat again, who knows? But, I am willing to try with his latest comedy, a satire of our television and cinematic reboot culture. As Smith is touring the film around the country, I wonder if it will receive a traditional theatrical release...

I think that is more than good for right now and so, with that, please do wish me well and I will see you when the house lights go down!!!!!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment