Tuesday, September 3, 2019

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

I'm going to just start the Fall Movie Season relatively small...yet with a film that is bound to be enormous.

Usually, the Coming Attractions feature on this site is used to just show you which films I am hoping to see and then write about throughout the month. Yet, as already written about in previous months, it has been an especially difficult Summer in the life of your friendly neighborhood film enthusiast and that did indeed make even going to the movies experience a hiatus.

On a greater level, the changes within the movie business, and dark changes at that, have also hampered my movie going as the prevalence of the massive franchises at the expense of anything that does not fit into the categorical box of sequel, prequel, remake, and the like does not seem to stand a chance. For instance, two films I wished to see were released just only one week ago and one week later, they have both bombed to the point where one of them has drastically reduced screening and the other is gone altogether.

This represents a dangerous time for the movie going experience, from what films are even able to be seen and to what films are actually being made--especially when Disney seems hell bent on owning every movie studio. Trust me. I see many of the same films that you see. I am more than ready for the next "Star Wars" film and if Marvel can keep their creative streak at the level they held it this year, then I am ready for the future. But, I have no need to see superheroes and lightsabers on a weekly basis, not would I want to. I wish for the chance to experience that inexplicable thing that I have never seen before, which means that the film studios need to go back to taking risks again.

All of this being said, the one movie that I am most anxious to screen this month is indeed precisely the type of movie I just spent paragraphs rallying against...ha ha ha ha ha!!!!
"IT: Chapter Two," Director Andy Muschietti's follow-up to his outstanding 2017 adaptation of the first half of the Stephen King novel arrives this coming weekend and I know that I will be there to witness the conclusion.

Beyond that, like I said, I am going to think a tad smaller this time around as all of my bigger planes during these last few months have been upended by life! So, with that, let's see what Pennywise is up to this time around and I'll see you when the house lights go down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment