Friday, May 3, 2019

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR MAY 2019

I am stunned to discover that the movie featured in the above image is here in my city.

Yes indeed, and especially now that the anticipation waiting for 'Avengers: Endgame" has passed--leaving me ready to see it again, I am excited to see something new and with that, what is new happens to be quite old.

"Amazing Grace," the long lost yet recently discovered and fully restored 1972 feature concert film of the late Aretha Franklin as directed by the late Sydney Pollack is here and I have plans to experience it this weekend.

In addition, perhaps May has the following to offer me...
1. "LONG SHOT" Yes, it really has been an exceedingly long time since I have seen a romantic comedy, especially as they really are not being made anymore. While I am not actually waiting with bated breath for a new rom-com, the early reviews for this one starring Charlize Theron and Seth Rogen were high enough to make me curious.
2. "ROCKETMAN" What hath "Bohemian Rhapsody" wrought? Regular visitors to this site already know of my disdain and distaste for the wildly over-rated Queen/Freddie Mercury biopic and so now, we have a biopic for Elton John and directed by Dexter Fletcher, the filmmaker who completed "Bohemian Rhapsody" during that film's trouble production. I don't know about this but at least this film has been given an R rating...

...we'll see.

With that, I will keep my ambitions conservative and I will see you when the house lights go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment