Tuesday, January 1, 2019

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JANUARY 2019

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

As the cinematic year of 209 begins, I am hoping that during this first month of the new year, I am able to move forwards and finish up some 2018 duties as well.
1. "GLASS"
I could not be more excited about this film, the third installment in Writer/Director M. Night Shyamalan's unorthodox, unexpected comic book saga, which began with "Unbreakable" (2000) and continued with "Split" (2017). Hopes are high for Shayamalan to pull this one out. Let's hope that he can do it.
 2. "IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK"
I have been most anxious to see what Writer/Director Barry Jenkins would come up with to follow up his Oscar winning "Moonlight" (2016) and I believe that this coming weekend, the film will, at long last, arrive in my city.

And after I see that film, I will begin to compile my 2018 wrap up, the annual Savage Scorecard series, detailing my favorite and least favorite films of the year.

So, with that, please do have me in your thoughts and I will pledge to give you my very best. And as always, I'll see you when the house lights go down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment