Thursday, August 2, 2018

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR AUGUST 2018

The "dog days" of Summer have arrived and with that, our movie season tends to slow down a bit before ramping up again for the Autumn. Thankfully, there are three films that I wish to screen for certain this month and hopefully, I am able to get to all of them, with Spike Lee's "BlacKKKlansman" being top priority!!!

Yes in deed, when Spike Lee releases a film (which has been in short supply in recent years compared with his prolific output 20-30 years ago) it is an event unquestionably and with this, a 1970's period piece based  upon true events yet designed to provide a commentary upon our increasingly divisive racial politics in 2018, it could not have arrived at a better time.

In addition...

1. Writer/Director Bo Burnham's "Eighth Grade" is already receiving enormous critical praise as well as from audiences and that film, which has just arrived in my city is already upon my personal want-to-see list...even if the thought of reliving my eighth grade is giving me PTSD flashbacks.


  2. "Juliet, Naked," Director Jesse Peretz's adaptation of the outstanding Nick Hornby novel is also one t hat I must make time for once that film arrives in my city as well.

And then, there my annual tribute to Writer/Producer/Director John Hughes, who passed away nine years ago on August 6th, and whose work will forever be an inspiration for everything I write. I hope to be able to fit this in this month because I wanted to take this tribute to celebrate what is my #1 favorite film from John Hughes..."She's Having A Baby," which reached its 30th anniversary this year.

So much to get to in a month that will provide a lot of transitions to be certain as Summer winds down and heads into Fall. As always, please do wish me luck and I'll see you when the house lights go down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment