Saturday, June 2, 2018

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JUNE 2018

And the Summer Movie season continues...

For quite some time, I have not taken in the latest offerings from Pixar as I just have not been terribly interested in their output in recent years, so much so that I never even gave the critically acclaimed hit "Coco" (2017) a chance. Such as it is when you lose your trust due to a steady stream of unimaginative lunchbox movies.

Even so, there's no way that I could conceivably stay away from Brad Bird's "Incredibles 2" as the previous installment was undoubtedly one of Pixar's finest, and honestly one of the very few in their filmography that could truly lend itself to having a sequel in the first place. Here's hoping that Bird can deliver the goods.

In addition to that film, I am also hoping to screen the following selections... 

Director Martin Neville's documentary about the life and philosophy of Fred Rogers, the kind souled creator of PBS' "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" has been earning rave reviews ever since its journey on the festival circuit at the start of this year. As Rogers was a staple and essential figure of my own childhood, seeing this film is an imperative. 

I knew nothing about this film until perhaps two days ago when I stumbled upon a trailer...and after those two minutes, I was hooked and was ready to purchase a ticket. "Hearts Beat Loud," Co-Writer/Director Brett Haley's film about a Father/daughter songwriting team, already received its premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January, and now that it is being fully released to the world, here is hoping it is as wonderful as the trailer suggests.

And then...there is Writer/Director Ari Aster's debut feature, "Hereditary," a new horror film that also received its first screenings at the Sundance Film Festival as well as rave reviews and already, some Oscar buzz. Even so...it does indeed look to be unspeakably terrifying and you know me and horror films. Hey, I haven't even see "A Quiet Place" yet as I felt I just might be too worked over in the theater. So...we'll see about this one. 

With that, my cinematic hopes and dreams for the month are all set. So, as always please do wish me the best of luck and good health and I'll see you when the house lights go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment