Thursday, March 1, 2018

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR MARCH 2018

After the majestic brilliance of Ryan Coogler's "Black Panther" and the anticipation for this weekend's Oscar telecast, what can be done for an encore? Well...for me, the new film from Writer/Director Wes Anderson will hopefully prove itself to be a perfect cinematic event.

"Isle Of Dogs," the new film from Anderson, as well as his second foray into stop motion animation after "Fantastic Mr. Fox" (2009),  is a film that I have been practically salivating to see ever since my eyes first popped after witnessing the indescribably visions within the film's trailer. Yes, I'll have to wait until near the end of the month before it is released but even so, this is my major new film event. 

And then, there is also...
Director Ava DuVernay's "A Wrinkle In Time" is a film that I am pulling for even though I am more skeptical about it. While I loved DuVernay's "Selma" (2014), I haven't been entirely won over by the film's trailers.  That being said, I hold nothing but the best of wishes for this film for a number of reasons aside from just wanting to see a good-to-great movie. I want DuVernay to knock it out of the park just as Ryan Coogler accomplished with "Black Panther," especially as she is the FIRST African-American and female director to ever command a motion picture with a $100 million dollar budget. Much more than box office receipts are riding high for this film to succeed and I hope that she can deliver the goods.

Aside from those two films, I am honestly not sure what will be upon this blogsite but when it happens, I hope that you will be an interested to read and share as you have been so far.

Until then, I'll see you when the house lights go down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment