Saturday, September 2, 2017

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

And now, we move onto September and the Fall Movie Season, which I sincerely hope contains as many terrific, innovative release as I was so very happy to experience during the Summer. But I do have a question...what's with all of the scary films being released right now???
1. "IT"
-I have never read the Stephen King novel and I have also never seen the memorable 1990 television miniseries either so my knowledge of the evil entity of Pennywise the clown and his battle against a collective of characters during childhood and adulthood is scant at best. The trailers preceding this film, as directed by Andy Muschuietti, have been especially effective and the early critical buzz plus King's own endorsement have made me more than curious to try this out despite my natural avoidance of films of this sort. Maybe the possibility of a potentially excellent film is Pennywise's taunting red balloon?
2. "mother!"
-Here we go again...Writer/Director Darren Aronosfky, whose psychological horrorshow "Black Swan" (2010) remains one of the very best films of the decade between 2010-2019  as far as I am concerned, returns with another psychological thriller, albeit one that has been purposefully top secret. I am intrigued, to say the least to what paces he will place Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem and us in the audience through.
3. "THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES"
Directors Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris return with their sports docu-drama which traces the the 1973 tennis match between Billie Jean King (Emma Stone) and Bobby Riggs (Steve Carrell). And then, we have...

4. "AMERICAN MADE" 
..."American Made," a biographical crime thriller reuniting Director Doug Liman and Tom Cruise in the true story of a former TWA pilot who became a drug smuggler for Pablo Escobar in the 1980s. After a string of franchise based action films, it will be great to see Cruise potentially chomp into a pure dramatic acting role again.

And with that, the month feels to be set and with all of the happenings in my very real world responsibilities, I hope that I am able to keep up. As always, I'll see you when the house lights go down!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment