Saturday, July 1, 2017

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JULY 2017

The Summer Movie Season of 2017 rolls onwards with its standard rapid pace yet I am already feeling that I have fallen behind, feelings that may be more fully described to you in a future posting that I am still mulling over writing or not. But for now, the month really looks packed and I am hoping that I am able to get myself to this new batch of films that have all captured my attention.
1. The Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to expand with the arrival of "Spider-Man: Homecoming," a film that I have to admit I was more than skeptical about and possibly filled with the most fatigue regarding the comic book movie genre as Spider-Man has been rebooted twice now. But after his high flying appearance in "Captain America: Civil War" (2016), where Tom Holland filled the role with a whip-smart engagingly awkward youthful exuberance as well as some fine comedic chemistry with Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) himself--plus the positive early reviews certainly help--I guess I'm going to join the wall crawler one more time.
2. "Atomic Blonde"--I know nothing about this film other than what I have seen in the trailer and I'd like to keep it that way, because for this one, I'm there!
3. Director Matt Reeves returns to the elegantly presented moral darkness of the richly re-booted "Planet Of The Apes" series with "War For The Planet Of the Apes," another sequel that will hopefully show that extended episodes of a film series need not be artless money grabbers. 
4. The new film from Christopher Nolan. 'Nuff said.

So, with that and some holdovers that are just now arriving in my city, I hope to be cinematically busy and happy. As always, please do send me your well wishes and I'll see you when the house lights go down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment