Monday, May 1, 2017

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR MAY 2017

So much for those plans and schemes, huh?

Dear readers, it was not my intent whatsoever to have so little content upon this blogstie last month. But truth be told, the month of April was an unusually eventful one here in the real world and life did not allow for me to see movies. And frankly, the month of April offered almost nothing of interest tome beyond the film I just reviewed, the film that I had hoped and planned to see if it had arrived in my city. So, in some sense, perhaps I was more than on track after all? (Hopefully, that sounded convincing for all of you...ha ha ha)

At any rate, more notable films are set for release in May, essentially the beginning of the Summer Movie Season, and here's hoping that it will be a more impressive one than the one delivered just last year.

1. May will open with that proverbial bang as Writer/Director James Gunn unveils "Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2," his long-awaited sequel to the beloved 2014 original--a film that found me far in the minority as I was considerably underwhelmed. Yet, I am curious about this second installment, partially because of how the film will extend the overall Marvel Comics Cinematic Universe plus the fact that now that Gunn has his origin details out of the way, let's see what's next. Maybe I'll be surprised this time?  
2. Writer/Director James Ponsoldt's new thriller "The Circle," starring Emma Watson and Tom Hanks, was just released this past weekend and apparently, the box office was not strong. So, if I'm going to check out this one, I had better act fast!
3. Ridley Scott makes another return to his interstellar horror franchise with "Alien: Covenant," the follow-up to "Prometheus" (2012), a film I am now wondering if I was the only person who really liked it for its gonzo energy, despite some bone-headed lapses in logic for a team of scientists. 

Let's see if I can be more productive this month, shall we? Please wish me good luck and good health and I'll see you when the house lights go down!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment