Tuesday, November 1, 2016

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR NOVEMBER 2016

The body is not only always the temple, it is always the BOSS!

I don't know about you but for myself with my personal vantage point here in the Midwest, I have been nursing an extremely persistent cold and cough for several weeks now...and seemingly directly alongside everyone else who happen to be nursing variations of the same illness. That being said, there is only so far the body will allow itself to be pushed before finding itself truly compromised. So, for the final weekend of October, when I had planned to head out and see one more feature film, my body had other plans and informed me that it would be in my best interest to remain at home to rest, recharge and revitalize myself for all responsibilities and new feature films to come.

And with November, the MAJOR film releases are being let out of the proverbial floodgates.
1. "Doctor Strange," the 14th official entry in the on-going Marvel Comics Universe series of films will make its bow by the end of this week and with the initial trailers already depicting some bold new visual territory to tackle and to hopefully tantalize audiences, I am wondering if it will also be able to transcend any potential trappings of the oft-presented origin story.
2. Then, we have "Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them," author/screenwriter J.K. Rowling and Director David Yates' reunion and return to the wizarding world of Harry Potter, but this time as a prequel and the first of five projected films. Of course, I am excited as anyone concerning this new venture but that skeptical side of me wonders if this will end up being overkill. Hopefully, Rowling's mastery as a writer and storyteller will win the day again.
3. With "Arrival," starring Amy Adams, it feels as if we are trying to make yet another return to the type and style of intelligent, thoughtful science-fiction film that we have seen in Steven Spielberg's "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind" (1977) but has never been equaled, despite some valiant efforts. Again, this subject matter is ground s very well covered but I am curious if there are new creative stones to overturn.

In many ways, just three films in an increasingly busy time of the year is more than enough to make plans for. So, as always, I ask for you to send me your best wishes and I will see you when the house lights go down!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment