Friday, January 1, 2016

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JANUARY 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Welcome to 2016, everyone!!! I am very excited to begin a new year at the movies with all of you and I hope that you are all ready to take the journey along with me. But first, there is some unfinished business from 2015 to attend to. 

In addition to my annual four part Savage Scorecard series, which wraps up the cinematic year of 2015 into a nice, big package, there are still some titles that I am compelled to see before tallying up my final lists.

On the last day of 2015, I saw Writer/Director Quentin Tarantino's "The Hateful Eight," so that review has yet to be written and posted for you. To hopefully join the ranks this month, will be the following features:
1. Director Alejandro G. Inarritu's "The Revenant" will have its wide theatrical release this month and I am hoping to see that one in about a week or so.
2. Writer/Director David O. Russell's "Joy," his third collaboration with Jennifer Lawrence, opened Christmas Day and I have yet to get to that one. If you have been keeping track on this site, you will remember that I loved "Silver Linings Playbook" (2012) while I loathed "American Hustle" (2013). Let's see where this one falls.
3. Charlie Kaufman's "Anomalisa," his first film since the singular "Synecdoche, New York" (2008), and animated as well...that one is very high upon my must see list. There have been no rumblings in my city concerning that film, so I may have to inquire as I do not wish to miss this one.

With that, I have more than enough to keep myself busy for the month, and perhaps a much needed new year's resolution for myself is to ensure that I get myself more rest so I am able to better keep pace with my own ambitions. We'll see...so, wish me luck...

...And I'll see you when the house lights go down!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment