Tuesday, September 1, 2015

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Autumn.

My favorite time of the year and in some ways (most likely due to me role as a preschool teacher), the fall feels like a more natural beginning to the year to my spirit. The new school year, with new kids to meet and build a classroom with, along with the changing of the leaves, the fall of the temperatures, the darkening skies occurring earlier in the day...all of those elements speak to me in ways that I cannot fully describe to you, but just know how deeply I love them all.

Another crucial element to the arrival of Autumn happens to be the oncoming of new feature films, which will hopefully provide even stronger and more complex content than much of what has already arrive this cinematic year. As of this writing, I have a review of  "The End Of The Tour" on deck and nearly ready for publication and I still happen to have the controversial indie "The Diary Of A Teenage Girl" on my radar as well. Beyond that...

1. Robert Zemeckis' "The Walk," starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the French street performer who staged a tightrope walk between the twin towers of the World Trade Center in 1974 is high on my list to screen.

2. M. Night Shyamalan returns with "The Visit," a lower budgeted thriller that I hope is a return to form for the much beleaguered filmmaker. Even as a viewer who still holds Shyamalan in esteem, I remain skeptical. Hopeful but indeed skeptical.

Aside from those, I do happen to have some ideas floating around as there are a couple of titles here at home that have been eagerly waiting for me.

So, as always, do wish me luck and I'll see you when the house lights go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment