Sunday, August 2, 2015

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR AUGUST 2015

I am shocked to realize that the month of August has arrived so quickly. It is as if the second half of July almost never happened. With late summer having now arrived, sometimes the movie selections tend to  become slimmer yet with some films not having reached my city as of this time, I am hoping to remain pleasantly busy for these last few weeks before the advent of autumn.

In addition to "Mission: Impossible-Rogue Nation," which I am seeing later today, and hopefully with "The End Of The Tour" arriving soon, I also wish to screen...

1. Writer/Director Woody Allen's annual effort, the drama "Irrational Man" is high on my list should the film arrive in my city this month.

2. "Straight Outta Compton," the musical biopic about the controversial hip-hop group N.W.A., from Director F. Gary Gray was really not upon my cinematic radar until I happened upon two rave reviews which strongly captured my attention.

3. "Ricki And The Flash" does fill me with some skepticism as my Meryl Streep fatigue has long taken hold of me. But any new effort from Director Jonathan Demme demands attention.

Beyond those five features, there are two more I have waiting for me here at home that I had been planning on watching for quite some time but let's see if I do indeed have the ample time at my disposal.

So, wish me luck as always as your support truly keeps me pushing forwards. And also as always, I'll see you when the house lights go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment