Wednesday, July 1, 2015

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JULY 2015

Let's hear it for original films!!!

The month of June was a real breath of fresh air in regards to original, passionate creative filmmaking voices being at the forefront of my movie watching. And with July, I hope to try and maintain that streak for as much as possible.  So, if you are wondering what I just may think about the latest re-boots to the "Terminator" and "Vacation" franchises, for instance, Savage Cinema is not the place for you. (And besides, no James Cameron or John Hughes involved in either project at any stage...then I am not there!)

First of all, I am planning upon seeing "Me And Earl And The Dying Girl" in a few days but in addition to that film...

1. Judd Apatow's "Trainwreck" is already high upon my radar for this month. Directing the first film that he did not have a hand in writing himself, Apatow, with Writer/Actress Amy Schumer, has already received some rave early reviews for his latest comedy, which makes me even more excited as I just have not seen a truly funny film in quite some time.

2. Director James Ponsoldt, who gave us the wonderful teen drama "The Spectacular Now" (2013), returns with "The End Of The Tour," starring Jesse Eisenberg as a Rolling Stone reporter and Jason Segel as author David Foster Wallace, another film receiving early strong buzz.

3. Ok...Ok....yes, even after all of my belly aching about the over-abundance of superhero films, I'm going to head out to "Ant-Man," the latest entry in the still vibrant and classy Marvel Comics film universe and starring Paul Rudd in the titular role.

4. And yes, I do plan on heading out to one sequel this month with "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation," the fifth entry in the continuing Tom Cruise spy series.

Aside from those films, well, we shall see...

Until then, I will see you when the house lights go down!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment