Monday, June 1, 2015

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JUNE 2015

With obligations and responsibilities taking the forefront within my life, I was not able to see as many films last month as I had wished. So, as more new films arrive, I need to play some catch up, most notably with Director Brad Bird's already under-performing fantasy film "Tomorrowland" and of course, my hero Writer/Director Cameron Crowe's already critically and financially beleaguered "Aloha."

1. At the tip top of my list for this month is Director Bill Pohlad's "Love And Mercy," his biopic of the legendary Brian Wilson and starring both Paul Dano and John Cusack as Wilson during two distinct and tumultuous periods of his life.

2. Pixar's "Inisde Out," at long last an animated feature from the once untouchable but now middling studio that is not a sequel, re-boot or re-imagining. This journey through the mind and emotional states of a 13 year old girl is the most intriguing concept Pixar has emerged with in many years and I am deeply hoping that they will go for the gold once again.

3.  Both "Me And Earl And The Dying Girl" and "Dope" are two independent and teenage themed features that have garnered some strong buzz and I am hoping that both of them arrive in my fair city this month.

4. And then...there is the big screen version of the HBO series "Entourage," a series I watched from beginning to end with such glee but am now skeptical as to what can be accomplished to make a more cinematic feature. But even so, I can't help it as I do really want to see Jeremy Piven scream at people just one more time.

So, that indeed fills my month up to the brim, and as always, I simply ask you for your well wishes.

Until then, I'll see you when the house lights go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment