Friday, May 1, 2015

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR MAY 2015

After four months of cinematic wasteland, with barely anything of interest worth screening, we have now arrived.

May marks the official beginning of the Summer Movie Season and if all of the films that I have seen listed within Summer Movie Preview articles make their way to my fair city over these next four months, I am hoping the quantity and quality of the films released will more than make up for the quiet months during the early part of the year.

I already have my ticket for Writer/Director Joss Whedon's "Avengers: Age Of Ultron," which I plan to see this weekend. But also upon my radar this month...

1. Writer/Director George Miller returns to the post-apocalyptic Australian wastelands with "Mad Max: Fury Road," with Tom Hardy taking over the titular role from Mel Gibson in what already looks to be a violently extravagant ride.

2. Jack Black stars in "The D Train," an independent comedy/drama concerning a high school reunion has already piqued my interest.

3. While I have not been terribly impressed with early trailers that I have seen, I am indeed interested in the new fantasy escapade "Tomorrowland" solely due to the direction of Brad Bird.

4. There has also been some buzz surrounding the dark comedy "Welcome To Me" starring Kristen Wiig that has caught my attention and if it makes its arrival, hopefully I can catch that one.

5. Finally, at the end of the month, one of my cinematic and writing heroes makes his return after a four year absence. Writer/Director Cameron Crowe's latest romantic comedy, the long gestating Hawaiian odyssey "Aloha," will, at long last, be released after being pushed from a Christmas 2014 release. While this sort of a move tends to not be the best sign, I hope that Crowe can make my heart smile once again.

Now, that is a packed schedule and I hope that I am able to keep up with them all. So, as always, I'll see you when the house lights go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment