Wednesday, April 1, 2015

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR APRIL 2015

Well, something funny happened on the way into the month of March...

For the second time since the inception of Savage Cinema, I have just exited a month that essentially produced little to no activity from me. This time around was due to an onslaught of work from my real world/professional life plus a most persistent illness (which I am still recovering from--just a nasty sinus infection, no worries) that had sapped my energy to no end. There were several times when I sat in front of the computer with the intent to try and compose a new feature and I would end up finding myself staring into space, essentially falling asleep with my eyes open as I was so fatigued. Frankly, if it were not for the 15th anniversary of Director Stephen Frears' "High Fidelity,"which I was compelled to commemorate, the month of March would have had nothing to show for it at all!!

Now we arrive at April and I am curious if this month will have much to show for itself either. I took a peek on-line at the film releases scheduled for this month and I have to say that not even one title caught my attention and if that holds true, then this will be the third month in a row when I have not ventured out to the movies. I wonder if this means that 2015 will be one of those years, a year in which not much material that captures my fancy will be released until the later portion of the year.

Yes, May already holds at least two MAJOR features that I would purchase tickets for right now if I could but that said, just think back to one year ago when by this time, I had already seen "The Grand Budapest Hotel," "The Lunchbox," "The LEGO Movie," "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and "Under The Skin"! 2015 has already suffered by comparison.

So, what does this mean? Well, I do already know what one feature will be for this month and it will be a special one but aside from that, let's see what the month may inspire for me as I do wish to keep Savage Cinema very active and alive--which means new material will arrive even when I don't head out to the theaters.

Until the first feature of the month arrives, wish me luck and as always, I'll see you when the house lights go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment