Tuesday, July 1, 2014

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR JULY 2014

Let's keep this hot streak going!!!!

With all of my terrific adventures going to the moves this year, I am hoping that the month of July continues the amount of greatness that I have been so fortunate to see. In particular, there are two films that will possibly arrive in my city this month, which have already garnered a large amount of acclaim on the film festival circuit, films that I have been just itching to see all year long.

1. At the very top of my personal list of want-to-see films is none other than "Life Itself," Director Steve James' celebrated documentary about the late, great film critic/writer Roger Ebert.

2. Anticipated possibly just as highly is Writer/Director Richard Linklater's "Boyhood," his three hour epic, which was filmed a few days at a time over a twelve year period.

3. I am also very curious about "Begin Again," the new musically influenced from from Writer/Director John Carney, who gave us the lovely "Once" (2007).

4. The impressively dark trailers for "Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes" have made me very anxious to see this film as well.

5. And yes, Writer/Director Woody Allen reveals his annual feature with "Magic In The Moonlight," and as always, I'm there!

6. Alongside those features, let's see if I can keep up with some of the films that I didn't see in the theaters during the earlier portion of the year, including Actor/Director Jason Bateman's spelling bee dark comedy "Bad Words."

That's more than enough to keep me busy and so I ask for you to keep your fingers crossed and wish me well.

And as always, I'll see you when the house lights go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment