Thursday, May 1, 2014

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR MAY 2014

I don't know about where you are but around these parts, it still doesn't quite feel like Spring as I am still wearing my Winter coat during my daily travels. So, imagine my bewilderment that the Summer Movie Season is set to begin this month!

Or in fact, this very weekend...

Yes, dear readers, believe it or not Director Marc Webb's "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is set to open in the United States this very weekend after already raking in the dough overseas and despite my comic book movie fatigue, I was surprisingly impressed with this reboot and I am curious to see if Webb will be able to continue his series in a most positive light.

I hope so as it has been an especially positive year so far for me in regards to going to the movies with the diversity and overall quality of the material that I have seen. Even so, after looking at the batch of releases scheduled to appear over the new few months, I have to say that not terribly many titles have jumped to the forefront of my attention as the films on the immediate radar seem to be the same old Summer movie cataclysms of years past (the new "Godzilla" anyone?). Who knows? Maybe some of those films will end up being good films or maybe even great ones. But on paper, they have only elicited yawns...

But there are a couple of titles that have intrigued me...

1. From Writer/Director Gia Coppola, the granddaughter of Francis Ford Coppola, is her feature debut "Palo Alto," an episodic high school themed film based upon James Franco's collection of short stories.

2. Writer/Director Jon Favreau returns to his independent film roots with the culinary themed "Chef," a film I have been looking forward to seeing for quite some time. 

And beyond that for this month, we shall see as I do like to be surprised.

But for now, I leave you and I will indeed see you again when the house lights go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment