Tuesday, April 1, 2014

SAVAGE CINEMA'S COMING ATTRACTIONS FOR APRIL 2014

It looks like it's going to be a quieter month.

In all of the years before the inception of Savage Cinema as well as every year afterwards, I have always looked forwards to reading the in depth  seasonal movie previews as presented in Entertainment Weekly. Like a scorecard, I would circle and check the films, both major releases and smaller independent films, that I would find myself interested in, eager to see whatever would arrive in my city. Once Savage Cinema began, I would use those same preview issues to assist me with composing the Coming Attractions opening features of the month, as I obviously would not be able to simply remember everything that I happened to be interested in.

Curiously, however, a Spring Movie Preview issue has not yet been released by Entertainment Weekly, so in composing this month's Coming Attractions features, I turned to the internet for assistance and discovered that, as previously stated, that this month will be more on the quieter side. That being said, there is "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," which I am very anxious to see (despite my comic book movie fatigue), based upon the impressive trailers and the tenor of the highly positive early reviews. Hopefully this coming opening weekend, I will be able to take that one in.

Beyond that...hmmm...

So, with so much cinematic uncertainty, I will actually take this "quandary" as a blessing as this period will open me up to more of the possibilities of the month, from maybe seeing something I had not originally had planned to see or more certainly, to view something at home that has been waiting for me for quite some time.

So, in the spirit of unpredictability, let me leave this opening post right here and just see where the month f April takes me..and you as well.

And as always, I'll see you when the house lights go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment